The predominant form of religion on Verdacia, and the source of Divine Magic. The Royhaar Gods were brought to Verdacia from the western continent of Mynoth. Based around the 9 Alignments of the good/evil, lawful/chaotic grid, the 9 Gods are as follows.
- Lamain (Lawful Good)- Also known as “The Father”, Lamain is the God of protection. He acts as father to all creatures, sheltering them from harm and expecting his word to be obeyed. Somewhat demanding and rigid, but it is only out of infinite love.
- Cotares (Neutral Good)- Also known as “The Scholar”, Coteras is the God of Knowledge. Twin brother of Loria he represents all the good knowledge can do in the right hands. His goal is the fair distribution of learning to improve oneself. Very favorable to independent worshipers, truly helps those who help themselves.
- Stratia (Chaotic Good)- Also known as “The Mother”, Stratia is the Goddess of Love. She nurtures and encourages growth, but allows her children more freedom to make their own decisions. More impulsive than Lamain, she sometimes comes off as contradictory, but always has the best intentions.
- Cuber (Lawful Neutral)- Also known as “The Judge”, XXX is the God of Justice. His cold demeanor hides a deeply fanatical drive to punish those he sees as transgressors. To him, the theft of a loaf of bread to feed a hungry child is as contemptible as genocide. Sees Lamain as naive and Rusham as despicable.
- Ultir (True Neutral)- Also known as “The End”, Ultir is the God of Death. Taker of the souls of the dead, Ultir cares little for morality or justice. Ultir usually appears as a robed figure in a pallid mask, gender-less and silent. Cares only for the cycle of life and death, tolerates no breaches of that contract.
- Xram (Chaotic Neutral)- Also known as “The Jester”, Xram is the God of Trickery. His intentions are largely unknown, some suspect even to Xram himself. His methods are just as opaque. He has the distinction of interfering the most in the mortal world of any other god. Easily bored, always seeking amusement.
- Rusham (Lawful Evil)- Also known as “The Tyrant”, Rusham is the God of Control. Believes that mortals are too foolish to have freedom and must be directed with an iron fist. His most powerful worshipers are exclusively megalomaniacs. Their drive to control the world a mad reflection of their god.
- Loria (Neutral Evil)- Also known as “The Librarian”, Loria is the Goddess of Knowledge. Sister of Coteras, she represents the danger of forbidden knowledge and secrets. The dark side of learning is her domain, worshiped by those who seek knowledge only for the power it gives them over others.
- Rook (Chaotic Evil)- Also known as “The Orc”, Rook is the God of Destruction. A boogeyman figure in Royhaar culture, Rook is the fire that burns at civilization, at nature, at everything it comes into contact with. It is a commonly held misconception that Orcs worship Rook as their own god, but this is not the case as they have their own pantheon.